damask pattern

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Choose joy

Aaahhh.....motherhood.  We all wish for it and sometimes long for it more than anything. Now that I'm in the middle of it with 2 girls (ages 4 and 2 mths.), I'm wondering what the hell have I gotten myself up to.  There is no manual on what a babies cry means or what to do when your fully potty trained 4 yr. old all of the sudden starts peeing in her pants again.  
It's the most stressful job I've ever had.  I'm trying to get supper ready and there is a crying baby in the background that needs to be fed then there is a 4 yr. old that needs entertaining and attention.  Never needed patience more in my life.  So then at the end of the day I just feel drained and unhappy.  Then I recall the verse that says, 

**PAUSE - have to go nurse the baby

So where was I....Oh yeah....the life handbook (the Bible) says, "This is the day that the Lord hath made, I will rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24).  So that's my daily motto.  No matter what the day brings, I choose to be happy because God chose for me to enjoy it.  I will probably need to remind myself of this EVERY day.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, GG, I can so relate to this post.
    Parenting truly is the hardest job in the world (and I'm a teacher). ;) I love you, my sweet friend. You are doing an amazing job with those beautiful girls!

    ReplyDelete